Thursday, July 13, 2006

Novak Leaves Many Questions Unanswered

Despite his claim that he's finally telling his story, columnist Robert Novak is discovering that a fair number of people know a great deal more about Leakgate than he was counting on. It's fun to watch him squirm. TPMMuckraker alone has two items that show Novak is far from telling the full story about the outing of CIA agent Valerie Plame; here's the first item by Justin Rood about Novak allegedly communicating with Karl Rove after the investigation began for purposes Novak seem not to have explained:
Here are a couple good questions for Robert Novak: How good is your legal advice? And how good are you at following it?

(snip)

One of those rules, as Waas noted in his May 25 piece, is that once an investigation has begun, potential witnesses should not communicate....

And here's the second item from TPMMuckraker, also by Justin Rood:
Trying to dodge criticism for his role in outing Valerie Plame, columnist Bob Novak last night attacked a National Journal story by Murray Waas on Fox's Hannity & Colmes. "I know that the Murray Waas piece in the National Journal, which interestingly was not picked up by anybody, was totally wrong and a total lie," he said.

(snip)

In truth, two major news outlets confirmed the National Journal story the same day it was published, May 25.

Rood goes on to give links to MSNBC and Bloomberg, both confirming the story by Murray Waas about a conversation between Rove and Novak after the investigation started. Novak seems to have trouble with facts and honest behavior but he excuses himself because after all he's a big shot and you can say anything you want on Fox News if you're a right wing Republican. But he's still squirming. Joe Wilson and Valerie Plame have just filed a lawsuit over the Valerie Plame leak and the attempt by several Bush administration figures to shut up whistleblower Joe Wilson. In my book, Joe Wilson is a hero. And so's his wife.

2 Comments:

Blogger MnMnM said...

Please keep my identity a secret. Double super Secret. I could call in and have my voice disguised or and my face blocked our. Please call me or send me an email if you plan to use this. Thanks. I am a Rove-ing reporter leaking a fictional copy of the Grand Jury testimony of Robert Novak. For the complete text visit:
Robert Novak Says Who Leaked First

Novak: Well Fitzgerald, You know Carl Rove, the White House Chief of Staff (of the United States) [COSTUS], the media gave me a job as Journalist for as long as I want.
Fitzgerald: Look Novak, if you're a journalist, you must know all the players.
Novak: I certainly do.
Fitzgerald: Well you know I've never met the guys. You are under oath so you'll have to tell me their names, and then I'll know who's involved in the leaking of a CIA officer’s name.
Novak: Oh, I'll tell you their names, but you know it seems to me they give the players now-a-days very peculiar names.
Fitzgerald: You mean funny names?
Novak: Strange names, pet names...like Deep Throat...
Fitzgerald: His brother Daffy.
Novak: Daffy Throat...
Fitzgerald: And their French cousin.
Novak: French?
Fitzgerald: Goofè.
Novak: Goofè Throat. Well, let's see, we have on the list, Who leaked the name of a CIA officer first, What leaked it second, I Don't Know leaked it third...
Fitzgerald: That's what I want to find out.
Novak: I say Who leaked first, What leaked second, I Don't Know leaked third.

Fitzgerald: And you don't know the fellows' names?
Novak: Well I should.
Fitzgerald: Well then who leaked first?
Novak: Yes.
Fitzgerald: I mean the fellow's name.
Novak: Who.
Fitzgerald: The guy who leaked first.
Novak: Who.
Fitzgerald: The first leaker.
Novak: Who.
....
Fitzgerald: Same as you! Same as YOU! I direct the questions to who. Whoever it is drops the ball and the guy runs to second. Who picks up the questions and throw them to What. What points his finger at I Don't Know. I Don't Know blames it on Tomorrow, Triple play. Another guy gets up and pleads the fifth for Because. Why? I don't know! He's on third and I don't give a darn!
Novak: What?
Fitzgerald: I said I don't give a darn!
Novak: Oh, that's our intern.
Who's on First by Novak and Fitzgerald
And at the first game, Judith Miller will throw in the first pitch. Ambassador and Mrs. Wilson will sing the National Anthem. Matt Cooper will be selling beer in the bleachers. Novak will be scalping tickets outside the main gate and Rove will get 20% of the door.
Please keep up the good work. We need you now more than ever.

Middle-aged, Middle-of-the-road, Mid-Westerner
MnMnM50@hotmail.com

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home