Sunday, May 14, 2006

John McCain Taking Page from Bush

John McCain has chosen to complain about bloggers and their youthful self-importance. As it happens, I'm only a few years younger than McCain and I consider my youth some time ago. If McCain is growing sensitive to the comments being made about him, it is probably because his reputation is not the same as it was two years ago when there was plausible speculation about a Kerry/McCain ticket. Since then, McCain's politics have become a more 'convenient' variety.

Think Progress has the excerpt from McCain's self-important speech:
When I was a young man, I was quite infatuated with self-expression, and rightly so because, if memory conveniently serves, I was so much more eloquent, well-informed, and wiser than anyone else I knew. It seemed I understood the world and the purpose of life so much more profoundly than most people. I believed that to be especially true with many of my elders, people whose only accomplishment, as far as I could tell, was that they had been born before me, and, consequently, had suffered some number of years deprived of my insights…It’s a pity that there wasn’t a blogosphere then. I would have felt very much at home in the medium.

These days, McCain is moving in safe right-wing circles trying to follow what was once considered the Bush blueprint for success. Perhaps McCain should spend more time looking at the failures of the administration he is so anxious to imitate. It would be a useful exercise.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home