Monday, April 03, 2006

Tom DeLay to Step Down

Newt Gingrich and Tom DeLay have played a lot of politics and done a lot of damage to this country in the last twelve years. Twelve years is a long time for a growing list of problems in this country to go unaddressed and it appears the Republican-controlled Congress has no intention of changing its ways. The recent feeble attempt to address corruption is just one example of a major need for new faces.

Tonight, there's word that Tom DeLay is leaving Congress. I confirmed it on Google News but I first saw the announcement on The Heretik who had an interesting way of commenting on it: "Tom DeLay has been 'liberated.'". You'll have to see the photo to see what I mean; I sort of winced but I get the point. I normally post a blogger's best work but I like giving credit to whoever I happen to be reading when news come through and it was The Heretik. Ahhh well. (But I forgive The Heretik. He posted a cool poem the other day and he's an excellent blogger.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home