Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Some Words on Cold Flute

I've promised to save my best efforts for use over at Donkey Path but in talking with Craig, who is doing a great job of posting almost daily over there, it occurred to us that there are too many fine blogs getting overlooked outside the top-rated sites. So I intend to browse the blogosphere at my own idiosyncratic pace and catch some of the better blogs and posts I find. In the last month alone, I have surveyed over 500 lesser known blogs and have bookmarked dozens that I intend to visit again.

I have no intention of ranking blogs here. What I find is what I find and I will be adding links rather freely with no serious attempts to compare blogs. Readers are on their own when it comes to verifying the contents of posts and so forth; the reality is that it can take a year to fully trust the judgement and credibility of a blog by which time a blogger can throw in the towel from a lack of traffic and respect. Even some of the best blogs have their weaknesses at times but you learn when to ignore those weaknesses while concentrating on the strengths.

I'll try to catch the best whenever I can but there will be days when I post excerpts from fine blogs who don't necessarily have the best post of the day and I'll post on blogs that have a particularly good post that day that is well beyond what that blog usually puts out. On occassion, I may put on a catcher's mask, padding and knee guards and offer some advice.

I'll have more to say on this another time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home